Wednesday 11 May 2016

Image Stacking

Image stacking is a method created by taking a series of images of the same subject set at the same angle over a long period of time and overlaying them together in photo editing software in order to capture the movement of the subject. Commonly used in landscape photography, Image stacking allows for some beautiful results when taking images of clouds in the sky and capturing their movement across the sky. I will make an attempt at Image stacking myself and aim to convey the movement and power of the sky within my photos.




When taking my photos I set my camera on a tripod and pointed it towards the sky. Once I had found some dynamic looking clouds I began to take photos one every 5 seconds for 10 minutes. I then proceeded to take the images into Photoshop where I layered each image over one another and used the 'lighten' blending mode on all but the first image, this meant that only the lighter areas of images were overlaid (mostly in the clouds). Here are my results.



Contact Sheet:


No comments:

Post a Comment